Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 150: Clinic Day Prayers

I feel pretty toasted after a very long clinic day, but I also know how valuable your prayers are so I wanted to post a quick update:

At the forefront of concern is news that Ian's liver function tests (LFT's) are elevated significantly. His doctor seems more concerned that it is GVHD than the SOS returning, so he doubled Ian's immunosuppressant to see if that helps. It's tricky to know the cause, since his chemo can also cause elevated LFT's. He is scheduled to begin the next round this coming Friday, but they may push it back if his levels are still elevated. 

Statistically, doing this chemo treatment gives a greater cure rate so it is pretty important. It may not be worth the risk of another liver failure, however.  If the issue is GVHD, it could possibly mean immunosuppressants the rest of his life. It could also lend a greater chance of cure, however. This is because as the graft is fighting his liver, it may also be fighting the leukemia as well. I feel dizzy following all the rabbit trails of possibilities, so I'll leave it at that. I just pray that by whatever means necessary the end result is that he is cured.

Another item for prayer is his lungs.  He has had a pretty bad cough for the past week and a half, and there was a lot of crackling when they listened to his lungs today. They did a chest X-ray and it came out clear, no pneumonia, so they just put him on antibiotics. Please pray his cough and lungs clear up quickly and completely.  

Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. It's a hard road because yes could be a good thing or a bad thing, likewise with no. There are no knowns and you all have to put so much trust in the doctors, and your own guts, and most of all in God. It is so much... thinking of you everyday. Praying for you, for the kids, for Ian, for his doctors. Take lots of deep breaths along with your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In prayer for you. David and I should be seeing the Fords tomorrow or so. We'll pray together for you.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are being prayed over by my bible study group. Lean on Him, run to Him, talk to Him. Thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete