Last year, Ian took Thanksgiving week off for a family road trip for the holidays. He was scheduled to go back to work the Monday after Thanksgiving. He never did. Tomorrow, the Monday after Thanksgiving, Ian is returning back to work. His "doctor's note" (required by the company for his return) officially declares he has made a full recovery. Needless to say, we are very thankful!
On a sad note, our car was destroyed in a five-car-pile-up on a Los Angeles freeway yesterday. At impact, there was a semi truck on the right and no shoulder on the left due to construction. Our family walked away without a scratch.
Although we are a bit shook up and sad to say goodbye to our beloved family car, we are thankful there were no obvious injuries and that we made it through alive(!) We are also thankful that Ian works close to home and can ride his bike to the office now that we have no car.
I confess, the kids and I are a little sad that we won't have Ian around as much anymore...
But I am super thankful that he still has a full-time position to return to, and that he enjoys his work. The people at Riverbed have been AMAZING, over-the-top, extravagantly supportive throughout this entire ordeal and I cannot express how much they have cared for us. For this we are incredibly thankful.
And so we will begin a new season tomorrow, off of quarantine and returning more to life as it was before leukemia took us for a spin. Since returning to work full time will take a lot of energy for Ian, we will be slowly making our way back into social life and not jumping in all at once.
I confess, the kids and I are a little sad that we won't have Ian around as much anymore...
But I am super thankful that he still has a full-time position to return to, and that he enjoys his work. The people at Riverbed have been AMAZING, over-the-top, extravagantly supportive throughout this entire ordeal and I cannot express how much they have cared for us. For this we are incredibly thankful.
And so we will begin a new season tomorrow, off of quarantine and returning more to life as it was before leukemia took us for a spin. Since returning to work full time will take a lot of energy for Ian, we will be slowly making our way back into social life and not jumping in all at once.


I am thankful that you walked out of the car without a scratch but amazed that such a dramatic accident was the other bookend to such a crazy, life changing, scary, prayer & worry filled year.
ReplyDeleteWe are so thankful that you guys are coming out of this year and into a new season. May God continue to be with you through all of what lies ahead in a very near and dear way. We love you. We're thankful that we got to pray through this past year with you...and we're thankful that God answered all of our prayers with a YES. Love Leaf & Brendan
Wow!!! So bummed about the car but so happy for ya'll and Ian's return to his new normal! Just a few things that make me really happy for you both:
ReplyDelete1. Ian gets to be a Husband and a Dad (biggest and best gift ever!)
2. Ian gets to return to work like normal people do (When you lose this privilege it can be so painful)
3. Lastly, that we are not without hope!!!
Mucho Love you your fam!
Ian (and fam), this is incredible news! I am so psyched for you, and am encouraged myself. Keep it up! Seize the day!
ReplyDelete