Dear blog,
I really don't like taking chemo. I started a new round this week.
yuck.
-Ian
Ps. I love my life. I've been drawing. Here's one of the waiting room at the UCSF clinic where I get my chemo:
This weekend I got to get up to visit friends in sacramento, and play some games and generally forget I have cancer. It was great!
I got to work some wood in the shop, and I collected a nice bag of wild "Black" (California) walnuts for making walnut ink (for my art). I'll be doing that in the next week or two.
On Monday I got my chest augmented with silicon implants. ;)
That came in the form of the white double lumen port you see in the below picture with the two silicon lumens (there's a single lumen port in the picture too, but I didn't get this model). This is there so that the nurses can get an IV started easily, but it's subcutaneous so I can go in the water, unlike the line I have had in my arm for the last months.
I also got to go for a hike with Asha on Monday:
I really don't like taking chemo. I started a new round this week.
yuck.
-Ian
Ps. I love my life. I've been drawing. Here's one of the waiting room at the UCSF clinic where I get my chemo:
This weekend I got to get up to visit friends in sacramento, and play some games and generally forget I have cancer. It was great!
I got to work some wood in the shop, and I collected a nice bag of wild "Black" (California) walnuts for making walnut ink (for my art). I'll be doing that in the next week or two.
That came in the form of the white double lumen port you see in the below picture with the two silicon lumens (there's a single lumen port in the picture too, but I didn't get this model). This is there so that the nurses can get an IV started easily, but it's subcutaneous so I can go in the water, unlike the line I have had in my arm for the last months.
I also got to go for a hike with Asha on Monday:


Black walnut ink!? I want a lesson! Can we book you for Nature Club @ the Aubins' some Friday? We were all inspired by the drawings and look forward to at least pics of the wood creations. When praying for you we kept "stealing" each others' prayers, like "that Mr. Brown wouldn't have to take as much chemo as the dr. thinks." Oh, and thanks to you my boys have now learned about breast augmentation. Dude...:>
ReplyDeleteI had no idea that you could draw that well when we were at UCSC!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're staying strong, buddy!
ReplyDeleteHello...sweet, simple pleasures--friends, art, a simpler approach to IV...So glad that you have a positive outlet for the yuck of chemo---the drawing is full of interesting lines and angles. How good to see the ordinary artistically..a gift too. I will continue to pray for your health, for your family, and for energy to pursue the things that bring you joy.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord for small (and great!) mercies!
ReplyDeleteYour art is great! I'm impressed, because drawing architecture always intimidates me (give me a nice twisty tree!). But God "draws straight with crooked lines" as my pastor is fond of saying. So the architectural design of your story, though drawn with the crooked line of cancer, has the awesome straight lines of God's eternal perspective to make a living temple of His people.
Keep battling! Though I'm a stranger (we have mutual friends) this Idahoan is praying for you and your sweet family, trusting God to write His story perfectly. Grace and Peace to you all.