Not a lot of news this week, I'm thankful to say. Ian is still sailing on fairly smooth waters. He had a chimerism test a few weeks ago to see how much of his blood is his and how much is his brothers. The results were in today: 6% Ian, 94% Shawn. He didn't see the doctor today, so we are not exactly sure how to interpret this. Friday he has the big bone marrow biopsy and I'll let you know if we find out more. Once we have the biospy results, they will decide whether or not to pursue an additional round of chemotherapy. Those who go into transplant with traces of the disease (like Ian) tend to have a higher rate of reoccurrence, so it is likely that he will need a bonus round. It is a lighter dose for just five days, and he can stay at home during the treatment, so we aren't sweating it much.
On the home front, my dad has been suffering kidney stones the past few days and is in significant pain off and on. We would really appreciate prayer for quick and complete relief for him! My mom, the kids and I are doing well. Fiona is growing up so fast - check out this picture of her playing with Asha's dress up toys!
On the home front, my dad has been suffering kidney stones the past few days and is in significant pain off and on. We would really appreciate prayer for quick and complete relief for him! My mom, the kids and I are doing well. Fiona is growing up so fast - check out this picture of her playing with Asha's dress up toys!
The girls have been taking turns visiting Ian at the monastery.
Today I baked some fresh bread and took both girls over to enjoy it with him. They started off with a dance party in the living room, Ian providing the beatbox rhythm to keep the girls grooving.
Next, we went upstairs for a tickle party:
After the tickle party, Ian was plum worn out. The girls worked together to make him nice and comfortable for a nap, complete with pillow and blanket and lamby. He then fell asleep for a couple hours, just like that!








I love it! I love you! And everyone! Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see all the smiles! You guys have an adorable family! -Kristine Mittmann
ReplyDelete