Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 215: SOS

I have some good news and some bad news:

The good news is that Ian's recent chimerism still shows 100% donor - Hooray!!!

The bad news is that Ian's liver is not doing so well. I can even see it in his eyes - they are turning yellow. His doctors are now thinking it is a mild form of SOS returning, based on their readings of his blood work. There have been instances where green tea extract has helped patients who refused to do the clinical trial, so we started today on a high dose of green tea pills. I am also determined to get as many organic farmer's market vegetables into his body as possible this week by juicing and cooking up a storm. We really don't want him in the hospital another three weeks!

Please pray that we see improvement this next week when they check his liver function again.

Thank you!


5 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you & Sean got to connect yesterday! I could tell that he was refreshed from your conversation & I hope that feeling was mutual from your end. We will be praying for your liver.
    Random thought: Abigail still talks about Asha as her best friend and plans trips to see her. I love that you are forever in our hearts & conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Ian and Christy... Linda and I are praying for God's healing in Ian's liver. We've come so far ... Please Lord!
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Ian's liver to improve.
    Belated birthday greetings too, so wonderful that you had such a nice time at Rancho!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete