a place for news and prayer for the Brown Family during Ian's journey with Leukemia. please encourage them by leaving a comment on the posts you read. check out the "help out" page for information such as where to send mail...
Hi Ian... I don't know you directly... I know Eric Schauers and some other folks that you know... I am a mom in Colorado, and I just want you to know how much you are on my heart. My boys and I pray for you on the way to school in the morning. When my son was 4, he had a lump on his neck, and they asked us to rush him in for surgery and it did not look good.... so frightened... us parents, not him so much. Much to the total joy of all of us, when they opened his lump up, the doctor called it "mint chip ice cream" came out, which he had never seen, and all his tests came back negative... Max was healed(: I pray God blesses you with a triple scoop of healing... xoxo a family in Colorado....
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:15-16
Brother, I am praying for you tonight, for peace in your mind that his promise is true even in the midst of the worst chemo and unending hospitalization.
Psalm 3 came to mind, then in the commentary this piece of an old hymn: “Give to the winds thy fears. Hope and be undismayed: God hears thy sighs and counts thy tears; God shall lift up thy head.” Praying you will know His provision and strength.
Ian, your subtle sense of humour in the midst of such terrible pain, suffering, and disappointment, is the strong presence of God in your life. It shines out to us in our own sufferings. I love you brother.
Hello from your friends at Riverbed. I think of you every time I'm jogging by NASA. Somehow we named the post at the half-way mark (just after the fountain) "the pole of truth" - we had to go around the pole to not cut corners.
Jason and I are praying for you. I pray for you every time I drive past Roaring Camp, remembering your beautiful wedding. May God give you strength, grace and mercy in this difficult season.
I'm glad to see that you are keeping your sense of humor, Ian.
ReplyDeleteHi Ian... I don't know you directly... I know Eric Schauers and some other folks that you know... I am a mom in Colorado, and I just want you to know how much you are on my heart. My boys and I pray for you on the way to school in the morning. When my son was 4, he had a lump on his neck, and they asked us to rush him in for surgery and it did not look good.... so frightened... us parents, not him so much. Much to the total joy of all of us, when they opened his lump up, the doctor called it "mint chip ice cream" came out, which he had never seen, and all his tests came back negative... Max was healed(: I pray God blesses you with a triple scoop of healing... xoxo a family in Colorado....
ReplyDeleteWell done, good and faithful servant, we'll done. Well maybe not too well done, please. How about medium rare?
ReplyDeleteCan a mother forget the baby at her breast
ReplyDeleteand have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.
Isaiah 49:15-16
Brother, I am praying for you tonight, for peace in your mind that his promise is true even in the midst of the worst chemo and unending hospitalization.
Praying for you this morning in Asheville, NC--His mercy, peace, strength, and healing to you.
ReplyDeletePsalm 3 came to mind, then in the commentary this piece of an old hymn: “Give to the winds thy fears. Hope and be undismayed: God hears thy sighs and counts thy tears;
DeleteGod shall lift up thy head.” Praying you will know His provision and strength.
Hey Elizabeth, I live in Asheville also. If you want to get together and pray for Ian, let me know. My email is catesemail@gmail.com. Cate
DeleteIan, your subtle sense of humour in the midst of such terrible pain, suffering, and disappointment, is the strong presence of God in your life. It shines out to us in our own sufferings. I love you brother.
ReplyDeleteI never met you but praying for you and your family. God Bless, stay strong and be encouraged.
ReplyDeleteHello from your friends at Riverbed. I think of you every time I'm jogging by NASA. Somehow we named the post at the half-way mark (just after the fountain) "the pole of truth" - we had to go around the pole to not cut corners.
ReplyDeleteGot to love the "warmly"! God bless you, Ian.
ReplyDeleteOh Ian!
ReplyDeleteJason and I are praying for you. I pray for you every time I drive past Roaring Camp, remembering your beautiful wedding. May God give you strength, grace and mercy in this difficult season.
ReplyDelete