Many have asked about plans for a service. We will be having a big, open invite memorial celebration of Ian's life in the Santa Cruz area sometime in the next few weeks. Ian told me to take my time in planning it, so I'm thinking it will be around early to mid May. Once I have a date and location set, I will post it here on the blog ASAP.
The girls and I are being carried through waves of grief as we process our great loss and Ian's glorious gain. Fiona and I wept together Tuesday afternoon as she realized she will never see her Abba or Grandpa again this side of heaven. She asked if Ian still had skin, and if we could cover him in poppy flowers so he would be soft. Asha has been less connected emotionally, but she had a dream of Ian Tuesday morning and woke up with tears. Most of the time they have just been their joyful, dancing, cantankerous little selves. We looked at cemetery plots yesterday and will finalize his casket and grave site together today. I envision many picnics there with the girls, sharing memories of Ian. I pray that bringing the girls into the process will help them face this loss as much as possible now, rather than it coming out sideways later. They have both had a long season of preparation and processing leading up to this point, but I'm sure it will take years for the reality of losing their dad to sink in.
I'm experiencing so much grace right now, soaking in worship and the very Presence of God throughout every single day. Sometimes the Lord leads me into sobbing tears, pouring out deeper and deeper layers of sadness and disappointment. Other times, I'm led into such a blissful awareness of his Love that I feel like I could explode into a million joyful pieces. I feel like I need both, it's a healthy tension. It keeps me real but doesn't leave me in despair. I don't want to rebuild my life, I want Him to rebuild it step by step, stone by stone. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is good, even in this tragedy, and that something beautiful will come of this. If Ian's faithful trust in the Lord amidst such suffering and death is a seed, I am confident there will be much fruit born from it whether I see it or not. Like Narnia, it's somehow part of the deepest and purest power of the Kingdom of Heaven. I feel it in my bones.
We've met nightly at different friends' homes to worship together and this has been a taste of heaven, exactly what we need. I've asked for simple, real, raw worship in homes instead of meals, because we need Divine fellowship and connection way more than food right now. If anyone in the Bay Area is up for organizing a little worship gathering this next week, please contact me.
I'm experiencing so much grace right now, soaking in worship and the very Presence of God throughout every single day. Sometimes the Lord leads me into sobbing tears, pouring out deeper and deeper layers of sadness and disappointment. Other times, I'm led into such a blissful awareness of his Love that I feel like I could explode into a million joyful pieces. I feel like I need both, it's a healthy tension. It keeps me real but doesn't leave me in despair. I don't want to rebuild my life, I want Him to rebuild it step by step, stone by stone. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is good, even in this tragedy, and that something beautiful will come of this. If Ian's faithful trust in the Lord amidst such suffering and death is a seed, I am confident there will be much fruit born from it whether I see it or not. Like Narnia, it's somehow part of the deepest and purest power of the Kingdom of Heaven. I feel it in my bones.
We've met nightly at different friends' homes to worship together and this has been a taste of heaven, exactly what we need. I've asked for simple, real, raw worship in homes instead of meals, because we need Divine fellowship and connection way more than food right now. If anyone in the Bay Area is up for organizing a little worship gathering this next week, please contact me.
Thank you all for your love and prayers.
We are feeling them ❤️
We are feeling them ❤️
continuing to pray and ache for you my friend.
ReplyDeleteclaire from oregon
ps. if a local friend of christy could contact me I would appreciate it. I have a couple of ideas for her and the girls I but need just a bit of help. clairebare1@yahoo.com
ReplyDeletethanks, claire
Cristy, I am Benji's mom, Diana. I have been praying (and travailing) for you and your precious daughters since I got Benji's message about Ian's passing into glory. I was blessed to experience God's awesome grace and gift of joy even within grief, when I lost my husband (also a man of God) 4 years ago. I will continue to pray that God fill you with his love and that he will comfort, anoint and strengthen you as you deal with the waves of emotion and seek to support your little girls in their grief and loss. Your desire to praise God at this time has been a beautiful witness of the power of faith to our Pastor and fellow church members, who have also been praying for you and the girls. I will continue to pray for you. May God, the Father, hold you in his everlasting arms. May Jesus' love fill your hearts. May the Holy Spirit fill you and pray for you and through you when you're at a loss for words! You have chosen to glorify God in this moment. He will not fail you or let you go! You have declared his goodness. May you, indeed, taste his goodness in the days to come! May God bless you and guide you and provide for you and your daughters. You serve a risen Savior and your beloved Ian stands whole before him in glory, along with all the saints who have gone on before! Take heart, dear one, and thank you for allowing us to join you in the sacrifice of praise!
ReplyDelete((((((((hug)))))))
ReplyDeleteThank you for your example of grieving with hope! You are continually lifted up in prayer.
ReplyDeleteTroy & Brittany Martin
joining you in tears and continuing to lift you all up in prayer to our everlasting loving Father. Ken
ReplyDelete♡♡♡
ReplyDeleteIt was a gift to spend an evening with you Christy worshiping our Heavenly Father. Faith and I LOVED spending time with your precious girls.
ReplyDeleteThank you for allowing us to share in your grief. I have been so encouraged by you.
Go Jesus! Do your deep work in Christy as she presents her life to you in all its fragments and grief. Bring revival to others who receive the honor and the joy of worshiping with her. Bring revival to the River church through Ian's prophetic life and death.
ReplyDeleteDear Christy,
ReplyDeleteWe are saddened to hear of the recent passing of brother Ian from this life. As a father of young boys I'm still trying to process this. Dan and Chris have kept me updated these past years and we often prayed. May our Lord continue to see you and your daughters through this most difficult time. In mourning I share this song with you by another dad who left his young ones and wife much to early.
Regards and prayers.
Reshpal Singh
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5FHsC-eWRs
Thanks Christy for continuing to testify to the sorrow met by joy and assurance! Thank you Heavenly Abba!!! I'm holding you and the girls in daily prayer.
ReplyDeleteJoy MK
And thanks for the service thoughts.