It sounds like a nightmare, and it truly is. But somehow, I've learned really well, when nightmares come to life there is so much more abounding grace to walk through them. I don't know how to explain it, but it's like a massive trampoline where you barely jump and are lifted higher in the air than you ever knew was possible. His love is so palpable, along with the pain.
Please pray for extra comfort for our girls as their little hearts continue to process all this and I'm mostly with Ian these days. They visited yesterday and it was intensely painful for Fiona to leave. She wanted to stay the night with us at the hospital, but it's just too hard to juggle the girls and Ian here for very long while he's in such an intense stage of disease. Please pray wisdom for me as I seek the right balance here.
We continue to pray and plead for Ian's life. If you have a gift of healing and feel called to pray, over the phone or in person, please contact us. As long as there's breath, there's hope. And we always have the deeper and unshakable hope of direct union and communion with our Creator, together forever in new and better bodies that won't ever decompose. If the Lord takes Ian, He's taking him straight into His arms of perfect love. So there's always hope, no matter what.
Thank you for all your continued love and prayers ❤️
Christy,
ReplyDeleteTears are streaming down my face for you. I ache for you, your girls, Ian, and all your heavy hearts. Yes, there is always hope! I am so proud of you and amazed by your God given strength and courage. I am praying for you throughout these dark days. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! So many of us are here to stand in the gap for you when you cannot.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you" DEUT 31:6
May you hear his whispers of peace.
Claire from Oregon
We continue to pray and hope with you. Love the Hunt family in North Carolina
ReplyDeleteYou're all in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Praying for healing, wisdom for the doctors, peace, comfort, and continuing everlasting grace.
ReplyDeleteWe pray continuous for you,Ian and girls and for family.
ReplyDeleteWe pray continuous for you,Ian and girls and for family.
ReplyDeletePraying
ReplyDeleteI am praying continously for a "Big Fat Miracle" as that is what you said is needed. Sending love and peace.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for God to give you wisdom and peace and for your girls to know the deep grace that you are describing - "a massive trampoline where you barely jump and are lifted higher in the air by God."
ReplyDeleteOur church's ministry school is all praying for you tonight and for that miracle. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAs David A. and I prayed together on Sunday, I had a picture of Ian standing up and walking away from that hospital bed. And when our family was praying about the medical prognosis, Brendan said rebelliously, "I just pray that the doctors would be WRONG!" We continue to pray for complete restoration.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to affirm, with this whole community, that you, Ian and the girls are examples for us all of extreme faith. Through months of torture you have not denied Jesus, but have clung fiercely to Him. His Kingdom light and life are powerful in you. May His love cover you right now. Much love.
Praying that Jesus will climb into the bed with Ian, bearing his sickness and pain. That Ian will feel His arms strong to hold him, and that Ian's deepest hope and joy will be realized in union with Him. You don't know me. I'm a momma prayer warrior with "moms in prayer" and friend of a friend to you. Covering you with prayer from Michigan.
ReplyDeleteBetsy
Praying and praying again! Blessings of peace, joy, comfort and love from our Father in heaven.
ReplyDeletePraying praying praying. God is able. There are no magic words, no special ways of saying, of pleading. There is His will. He is a miracle worker, I have seen healing, I have felt healing, I have prayed for healings and seen them. May God in His mercy, bring healing for Ian, for all of you. By his stripes we are healed. By His mercy we are loved. God we ask for your healing today. In Jesus' name, AMEN
ReplyDeleteOh, Lord, your spirit intercedes where we have no words. We cry out in our hearts for everything we long for for Ian and Christy and their girls. For healing. For heaven. For miracles and your glory on display for all the world to see. For hope and peace and the end of suffering. We trust in you, Lord, for your mercy and your provision. We claim your unfailing love for these precious children of yours, and yearn for their restoration to wholeness and health. We praise you for what you are doing in their hearts even now to grow love and faith. We thank you for the privilege of witnessing what you are doing here, and pray for this dear brother and sister in Christ. You know better than any of us what they need, and we ask and trust that you will pour out your goodness on them. Amen.
ReplyDeletePraying and praying and praying
ReplyDeleteWe are fervently praying for God's grace & intervention, for the miracle that only He can provide. We love you and are on our knees for you. Love, Jeff & Jo
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers... may He is All Powerful and Grace envelope each of you, individually and together.
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers... may He is All Powerful and Grace envelope each of you, individually and together.
ReplyDeletePrayers abounding! Holding you all before the throne of grace.
ReplyDeletePrayers abounding! Holding you all before the throne of grace.
ReplyDeleteGod's peace be upon you.
ReplyDeletePraying for you daily!
ReplyDeleteTroy & Brittany Martin
"Father God, I lift this young man up to you with Prayer... you are the ONE that sits on high and the only one we can turn to for healing... I Pray you show this young man, his family, all hospital staff and doctors just how POWERFUL YOU are and heal him completely... I also Pray for his family that they will have overwhelming peace and comfort while going through this season... You have shown us (believers) miracles before but it's time to show the non-believers around this man's life. I love you Jesus and with YOUR sweet NAME... AMEN."
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for you and your family for a miracle or whatever He has for you during these days. God is as powerful today as when he arose from the dead.
ReplyDeleteI just powerfully felt the reality and presence of the Holy Spirit through reading your words. Praise God for his grace and unfailing love. I pray for complete miraculous healing of Ian's body, and exponential grace for you all.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I'm any more gifted in healing prayer than the average believer but I know that the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead is in us all who believe and follow. I'd be honored to pray with/for you guys on the phone if you want/need. 401-440-6595
DeleteThis is Russ and Nan, friends of Ian from Green Valley Christian Church. We wanted to visit & pray for Ian but it seems that we're always exposed to someone sick within two weeks! We have been praying for him and your family.
ReplyDeleteIn Jesus' name, we call forth miraculous healing and restoration to Ian's body by the power of His Holy Spirit.
May His Spirit fill you and your girls with His love, peace, strength.
We have witnessed some miraculous healing in the past, but not sure if we actually have a gift of healing. We would be honored to pray with you over the phone if you want. 408-807-5430.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204466888191404&id=1807976552
ReplyDeleteHope you can open this link. Albertsons family sending prayers and love...
Rest Ian...no more pain, only the joy of our Lord's presence. Please keep this family in Your Hands...
ReplyDeleteRest Ian...no more pain, only the joy of our Lord's presence. Please keep this family in Your Hands...
ReplyDelete