Friday, December 14, 2012

Today's Update

* The liver ultrasound yesterday came out totally normal! Thanks for praying...

* Ian is still walking! Here's proof:



* Ian had to change rooms yesterday because he was in the only handicap room on the floor. As a condolence, they made sure to give him a room with the best view in the house! Look closely and you can even see the golden gate bridge in the middle.



* After a rough night that he wasn't sure he would survive, Ian is doing much better today.  I'm going to try to stay by his side, day and night, for as long as I can. It seems to really make a difference. Lots of worship music and therapeutic massage. Finished up Steven Fry in America. Ate some strawberry coconut popsicles together. Shared our hearts. It has been a sweet day.

* Fiona is doing great with my parents and Asha is still in Sacramento, staying with one of the most loving, creative, generous and all round amazing families we know.  Below are some pictures from their trip to the aquarium and back at their home...Needless to say, I think Asha is doing just fine :)












Prayer Points:

* Please pray that we will get good rest tonight. I didn't sleep much the last two nights. I think it might be time for another little blue pill.  Ian slept better last night, but still was up about every hour for one thing or another. 

* Please continue to pray for the infection in his gut. He is still running to the bathroom frequently, but maybe a little less than before. Pray quick and complete healing of his intestines. 

* Please pray for the Lord to continue to guide me in knowing how to comfort and support Ian, moment by moment. I would say that physically he is doing much better, but psychologically he is worn so thin...

* Today they began giving him a daily growth hormone injection to help his white blood cells grow back. We heard originally that they would do another bone marrow biopsy at the end of this week to see if a bonus round is needed, but it turns out they gave him such a high dose of chemo that they won't do the biopsy. Please pray that the chemo was totally effective and only healthy white blood cells grow back. Please pray they grow back quickly... The more white blood cells, the stronger his immune system and the better he will feel overall. If his marrow is restored quickly, he may even be able to come home by Christmas or soon after (!) 

* I found out today that Ian will only be home for a week or so, then back in the hospital for another month of chemo. I cried when I heard this, as I had previously heard we would have him home for a few weeks. But I guess this leukemia moves very fast and they don't want to let it take over again. Still waiting for full results of cyto-genetic testing that will determine the details of prognosis and further treatment. Please pray in advance for a sweet time together as a family during that week he is home. I think it is going to be confusing for Asha especially to have him home for such a short time and then gone again. Please pray for the Lord to prepare Asha and give us wisdom to know how to help her process all this.  She seems to be doing really well, but under the surface I know there is a lot brewing... But I must trust that the Lord will use this to make her into a stronger, sweeter, more beautiful little woman in the long run.  

Thank you!!!




6 comments:

  1. So appreciate all the posts so that we may pray with understanding. Much love to you and Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us Christy. We are on our knees for Ian, you and the girls. May God's peace reign in your hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy,
    praying for you guys tonight. May you both, in all the pain, medical decisions, concern for Asha, and bewilderment, somehow, experience the peace of Jesus, the daily aid of the Holy Spirit, and the comfort of knowing the Body of Christ is behind you.
    Peace and strength to you,
    Pastor Mark PH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding Ian walking... Go Ian go! Go Ian go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those incredible Goodmans! So giving and wonderful! We're really really praying, in the midst of travels. We really wish we were there, that we could be with you right now. All our love, just heaps and heaps of it...

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy,
    We are thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and energy to Ian, you and the girls.
    Marie from the Moms Club.

    ReplyDelete