Well, there's good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I have a cold (or bad allergies) and so even though Asha is at a sleepover and everything is in place for me to be with Ian today, I won't be able to see him for a while :(
The good news (best news!) is that my birthday wish has come true: Ian seems to already be responding to the medication!!!
He has lost several pounds of fluid and is feeling much, much better. The doctor is pretty shocked that he is responding this quickly, but I am not so surprised... So many prayers have been bombarding heaven for him. I can't think of a better birthday present.
Thank You!!!
That is a fabulous birthday present indeed!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteChristy, Global Village, our church, is praying for your family on a weekly basis. And some families are praying for you on a daily basis. We love you and continue to pray for God's grace during this time.
ReplyDeletethis is amazing news!!!!!! PTL!
ReplyDeleteWhat greater gift than his recovery! I love you and your family and I will keep praying for the recovery to be complete!Love, Sumati
ReplyDeleteOh, wonderful. I'm so glad Ian is feeling better! I'm sorry that you can't be with him, but rest, dear girl, just rest. Listen to music, read a book you like, sleep. You need it.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Christy!! Praising God for his goodness.
ReplyDeleteThat is good news!
ReplyDeleteCate
Happy Birthday, Christy! I'm glad that Ian's responding better to the medicine.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Christy! Such great news! We continue to pray!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the great news, Christy! Happy birthday! Praying that things continue to go well for Ian and that you can recover quickly so you can see him soon.
ReplyDeleteCindy
We just finished reading through the Jesus Story Book Bible that you gave us a while back. I had a teary moment reading the last bit and thought of you guys as I read.
ReplyDeleteAnd the King says, 'Look! God and his children are together again. No more running away. Or hiding. No more crying or being lonely or afraid. No more being sick or dying. Because all those things are gone. Yes, they're gone forever. Everything sad has come untrue. And see - I have wiped away every tear from every eye!' And then a deep, beautiful voice that sounded like thunder in the sky says, 'Look, I am making everything new!'
And I know we serve a good God. And I am glad to be serving shoulder to shoulder with you. Love you guys!!
Wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteJust found out about Ian. I can't believe it. So sorry to hear about this. Please tell him I will be thinking of him and hope he is doing well. Happy Birthday to you Christy! I hope you can find a way to celebrate together soon. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi Christy, same as John, we just found out. I send all of you lots of positive energy and thoughts. Good news that he is responding to the treatment, and "Joyeux Anniversaire" to you! I had ALL when I was a kid, and doctors kept telling me that keeping positive attitude and good moral accounted for 70% of the healing! You will all win! I personally had to battle a severe post-partum depression and an almost deadly huge meningionma (brain tumor) and so far I am still winning; keep it up and have faith in yourselves!
ReplyDelete