It's been busy, but we are starting to settle in and settle down. I'm spending less time at the monastery and more time with the kids, which is a necessary transition. Uriah and Ian are pretty self-sufficient now, with the exception of fresh bagels that I deliver almost daily from the Vietnamese bakery down our street. Ian is still suffering from nausea and low energy, but overall he is doing well.
I'm so thankful for the monastery. There is no way we could have juggled all this in our two bedroom home. Ian loves having the girls over, but it does take a toll on his already low store of energy. I try to bring them over once a day or so, but not stay for too long. Today I ran a bunch of errands before heading to Ian, and Fiona kept doing the "Abba" sign - it was as if she was anxiously asking when we would get there! The girls love it at the monastery, Asha especially. There is a hard wood floor downstairs that works perfectly as a dance floor, and all the more so when Uriah is playing live tunes on the guitar or banjo. Ian even broke out with a little swing dancing the other night!
There are lively moments, but honestly life at the monastery is pretty mellow right now. Ian sleeps a lot and does good to just take his shower and daily walk around the neighborhood. The clinic visits have been pleasantly uneventful, with all of his blood counts looking just fine. They say it could take a few more weeks at least for him to start feeling better, so we are waiting it out and praying the seas continue to remain calm.
Below are some pictures from Ian's first week at the monastery. He and Asha baked some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies together one of his first nights:
Here is Asha in front of our hutch/desk turned medicine cabinet:
I'm so thankful for the monastery. There is no way we could have juggled all this in our two bedroom home. Ian loves having the girls over, but it does take a toll on his already low store of energy. I try to bring them over once a day or so, but not stay for too long. Today I ran a bunch of errands before heading to Ian, and Fiona kept doing the "Abba" sign - it was as if she was anxiously asking when we would get there! The girls love it at the monastery, Asha especially. There is a hard wood floor downstairs that works perfectly as a dance floor, and all the more so when Uriah is playing live tunes on the guitar or banjo. Ian even broke out with a little swing dancing the other night!
There are lively moments, but honestly life at the monastery is pretty mellow right now. Ian sleeps a lot and does good to just take his shower and daily walk around the neighborhood. The clinic visits have been pleasantly uneventful, with all of his blood counts looking just fine. They say it could take a few more weeks at least for him to start feeling better, so we are waiting it out and praying the seas continue to remain calm.
Below are some pictures from Ian's first week at the monastery. He and Asha baked some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies together one of his first nights:
Ian and Fiona napping today... Had to snap a picture :)





I have enjoying these photos so much and am thanking God, with Miranda, for you guys, and for your kids.
ReplyDelete<3 Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteSuch a blessing to see Ian and the girls together. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWe have been thinking of and remembering you in our prayers daily. So glad the road is smoothing out for you, at least for the moment. Blessings, Brown family!
ReplyDeleteGood to see the girls getting time with Ian!
ReplyDeleteTOMORROW is my day of prayer for Ian and Christy and the beautiful girls! I am excited to send you blessings and love. I'm inviting friends far and wide to join me, so know that you are being honored and cherished. Keep shining! You've GOT this!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Thompson