Friday, June 26, 2015

Scary News, Please Pray

Please surround us with prayer. The doctors are worried. They are concerned it may be leukemia presenting in the lymph node of his tonsil and are pursuing a fine needle biopsy of it if possible. They have found no trace of any virus in his system and the big gun antibiotics haven't helped, it is only getting worse and fevers continue. They think it may be the leukemia progressing. He is getting another bone marrow biopsy right now as I type this. They will assess where he is at and decide from there what to do. 

There are very few people with high risk AML who survive as long as Ian has. It is a sort of "uncharted waters" as far as the research goes, so they say we are relying on the experience and creativity of the doctors. Fortunately, his main doctor is one of the best. Unfortunately, he is on vacation for the next few weeks. Please, please pray for wisdom for the Nurse Practioner who knows his case best (besides his main doc who is gone) and the other doctors who are on his team. 

Ian is hanging in there. He has post nasal drip that combines with his massively swollen throat to create a lot of gagging, nausea and vomiting. He hasn't eaten or kept much food down. He still can shoot me a twinkly smile to melt my heart, though. 

Honestly, I am heartbroken and scared. I've cried and cried the past two days. I want to be strong for Ian and the girls but I feel like a sad mess. All my strength and hope feels far away. I need a bucket full of grace to pour down on me. We need your prayers more than ever right now...

18 comments:

  1. Wish I was there - praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if I can do anything Christy. Praying for you both. I can take the girls. Anything you need. Asking God to hold you up and hold you close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you both feel God's great soft wings covering you, and fear nothing.
    We stand with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you to be released from any pressure to be strong. We are here for you holding you up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ian and Christy, I am praying. You are in my thoughts and on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are praying. may God give you amazing grace right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for strength for you and for Ian. God is near to the broken hearted. He will strengthen you and uphold you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying praying praying. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking about and praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christy,
    My heart has been heavy for your family and I have not been able to stop praying and thinking of Ian and your journey for the last two days. I strugge with trying to understand the heart of God in your pain. What does God want you to know?

    You are beloved by your Maker. He loves you and will never leave you.

    God is Ian's refuge and Kristy's strength.
    He is your very present help in trouble.
    Therefore we will not fear, though our earthly circumstance should change.

    May He anoint your head with oil and your cup overflow with the double portion of grace you requested.

    There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    Ian and Christy, you are the city of God.
    You are the holy dwelling places of the Most High.
    God is in Ian's midst; Your trust and anchor in God will not be moved during this time of trial. May God help you when morning dawns.
    Amen.

    This is my Psalms 46 prayer for you.

    John Ta <><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone from Reformed Heritage are praying and send their love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are in our hearts and we continue to pray! Tom & Jan Kern

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you all, dear Christy.

    ReplyDelete