Monday, June 1, 2015

Sick Little Fiona

Ian completed his first round of chemo yesterday and is doing pretty well. Not too much nausea, he's eating well and walking daily to keep up his strength. 



We were riding a red carpet of smooth sailing until yesterday. 
Fiona awoke with a horrible cough and wheezing/difficulty breathing, and she's definitely full power sick at this point with a fever and sore throat in addition to the cough. It's been a complicated dance to figure out how to care for a clingy toddler coughing in my face as well as a neutropenic husband with barely any immune system fighting leukemia. Lord help us! I'm clinging to trust in the midst of it. A friend texted this verse to me just moments after Fiona woke up sick yesterday:

 “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; 
I have called you by name, you are mine.   
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; 
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, 
and the flame shall not consume you.  
For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." 
Isaiah 43:1-3

That has been a key verse of hope for us. 

My mom took Fiona this morning for the next couple days (HUGE relief!!!) and I spent most of the day today with Asha at the beach getting fresh air and sunshine therapy. 






I was exposed to Fiona's germs in a rainbow of ways and was up most of last night with her, so it will be a miracle if I don't catch her bug. 
Please pray little Fiona heals super quickly and nobody else catches it... 
Especially Ian!

Thanks ❤️





2 comments:

  1. Thank God for Moms!!!! We're praying for you all as God sustains you daily with love and faithfulness. May healing come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I survived Leukemia when I was a kid, then more recently a huge meningioma (brain tumor) and the suicidal thoughts brought by my depression (currently doing well), so you can see, hope is there. I do not have the advantage to believe like you do, that must be a good strength. I wish you all very well through this ordeal. Love and big hugs to the entire family, You will get through this

    ReplyDelete