a place for news and prayer for the Brown Family during Ian's journey with Leukemia. please encourage them by leaving a comment on the posts you read. check out the "help out" page for information such as where to send mail...
Ian went Home peacefully this morning, surrounded by friends singing in worship. The suffering is over for him, finally and forever. He's smiling brighter than ever now. But we will sure miss him.
Sending prayers of peace and healing to you. Your faith throughout this fire is perhaps the most powerful act of God I've ever witnessed. Sending love from all the Emmerts.
Prayers and hugs for you and your daughters. My heart is so sad for you, I have been reading your posts and you have really stood strong in the faith, you are a strong woman of God.
Prayers for you and the girls from your friends at Elm Street. Through this all you have been an inspiration. Look forward to the day we see Ian again.
Christy, I feel it was an honor to get to know Ian in the context of his illness. His faith and open spirit were an amazing gift to me and to so many others. The way you two loved and lived in the midst of this horrific struggle show the resurrection power of God. We are all praying for you and the girls as you are thrust into a new world without Ian physically present with you. Praying for you in this time of impact grief. Tonight I have been moved to celebrate Ian's struggle of faith through all this Leukemia by Paul's words in 2 Timothy 4:6-8: "I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." May we love his appearing more than this physical life, even the love and presence of our spouses and children, more than money and homes and lands, more than any form of security, power, prestige.
I am so sorry, Christy. I am so sorry for this long, hard battle and all the pain and suffering. I am so glad he is free now, and is with Jesus. And I am glad that you were able to be with him, and he could go surrounded with such love and praise.
Ian was one of those special unique psalm 139 creations of God that defied all boxes and boundaries. All who ever met and knew him were forever changed and always left with a deep sense of the wonder of God, funny stories and a new way of thinking about the world. It doesn't make sense to any of us the pain..the long pain he and you had to endure. But as you know our baseline is God is good and his ways are higher than ours though our hearts are still restless as we cannot figure out why this happened to him at such a young age. I hope the aspect of the gospel of resurrection and glorification can help you/us interpret Ian. I am always hesitant to write or say anything when someone you love dies but I am trying and all who write any words are writing out of a place of love and empathy. I am glad he is not in any more pain but sad sad he is not physically present to you any longer. You will forever have myriads of people praying for you and thinking of you because of Ian's wonderfullness
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. So many people have been holding your family up in prayer, more than you know. I'm so sorry Christy. I don't even know what to say.
I'm still praying for you and your two precious girls. I'm praying He can give you all comfort and peace that surpasses understanding. We love you.
So glad Ian and you had Jesus with you through this long battle. So glad he's smiling with Jesus now!! Will be praying for you and the girls in your time of grieving. Much love and many hugs ~ Trisha and Terry
Underneath are his everlasting arms, may our God of all comfort and peace surround you with his love in this time of grieving. No more pain and suffering Ian, eternal life... and for that we rejoice...praying for you all...much love xx
I have been following, praying, hoping and struggling. I am glad he is with the Lord, disappointed he was not healed for this place. May God bless you all with peace and rest, comfort and all that you need.
I knew Ian for a few years while I was living in Santa Cruz. My faith and belief, is not nearly as strong as his or those who post in this blog but I wanted to say my heartfelt condolences. My heart aches because truly Ian was an amazing man and everyone who spent even the smallest bit of time with him knew it well. Ian made this world a better place and I'm glad I know of him. Much love to you all.
My sincerest prayers as well as selfish sorrow at Ian's passing but his pain is ended in the loving embrace of the Lord and grace of Jesus. All of my love to Christy, family and friends.
Dear Christy Thank you for sharing your faith in our Lord. Your descriptions of all your time with Ian have been a source of encouragement to me. My tears show that I'm longing for you and your daughters to continue onward in true faith and my tears also show my sadness that you lost Ian's presence for this earthly life.
Dearest Christy, We have been praying for you and know our Father will hold you up and help you on. May you rest for awhile, and be soothed in our Abba's love. Brian Heltsley once shared something he learned with us that has been invaluable. "When tears come, don't stop them." I think they help wash and heal our wounded souls.
It was a privilege to know Ian and be part of his life. He taught me so much and brought a joy to life that I will always remember. His laughter was contagious. Christy, Asha, Fiona - thank you for sharing Ian with us. You have been incredible throughout this journey. Here's to future joy and happiness and cherishing your memories of Ian. Peace to all of you.
My condolences. Everyone who worked with Ian at Riverbed loved him - his wit, his intellect, his smile. We will miss him. Lots of love and hugs to you, Asha and Fiona. Viv Keswani.
I've been trying to come up with the perfect words all day but I am still coming up empty. The news of the loss of Ian is ringing like a noisy and unwelcomed gong around the world and there are so many of us who grieve to hear it. Myself included. How I ache for you and your girls as life will be so different now. May you be rallied around by those who love Ian and you. I have no doubt that you will be. May you know that there are probably thousands of people praying for you. Perhaps even this very minute. How amazing that we are all united by His name!
My cousin who struggled with sickness for a long time had a great catch phrase.."Having God doesn't make it easy, it makes it possible" Isn't that the truth? It is so assuring to know that Ian is bouncing around heaven in his fancy, glorified body, but at the same time...it isn't fair... and it hurts so deeply and we wish he was here and healthy on this earth. I don't understand the rationale of God. I don't understand at all...
But we are certain that He loves us. Oh, how He loves us!
I am so deeply sorry for this profound loss. Thank you so much for letting me come into those raw places in your heart through your words. I am a different, more reflective person from reading them. I know I am not the only one who feels that way.
I will be thinking of you often and praying for you and those sweet littles of yours. I will be praying for continued peace and for good and restful sleep.
Give yourself permission to grieve in whatever shape it comes in.
I'm truly so sorry to hear about the new. I may not have been in contact much, but I had been praying. My prayers will continue that you and your girl keep strong and that God will be merciful. I send my heart and condolences.
Dear Christy, even though I have not seen you since Moms' Club days, I have followed your updates on Ian and your family, and have kept him in my prayers. I am so very sorry to hear this news, but I am grateful that he is no longer in pain. Please know that you and the girls will continue to be in my prayers. With my sincerest condolences, Luciane
I'm truly sorry for your loss. Ian was my former colleague. I've followed him through this blog since the beginning. What a battle he fought! He was a good person -- full of life, happiness and humor.
May the gentle hand of God be on your shoulder now, to comfort you and give you the strength and courage in the days ahead, as you mother these grieving children and nurture yourself with rest and healing. Rest in peace, Ian. I didn't know you, but your shining smile was a testament to your faith, and an inspiration to us all.
Dear One, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thankful Ian was surrounded by friends & family as he left this world to move on to his new life with Jesus. He's no longer in pain nor is he suffering, he's at peace. Praying the peace, love, and comfort of Christ be with you and the girls during this time. Please let me know if there is anything you need. Blessings, Shelby
I can't help but smile when remembering the first time I met him in 1999 when he was waiting at the Kresge bus stop for the van to High Street Community Church, wearing those AWESOME patchwork overalls and being excited to head to church on that Sunday morning. His joy and love for Jesus was infectious. I also remember that his emails always came from "Ian Brown!" and I loved that exclamation point because it conveyed his joy in life so well.
My prayers are with you and the girls, Christy, as you adjust to this new normal of not having him with you. I'm overjoyed that he is in the presence of Jesus, whom he loved so deeply, but I'm very sad for your loss.
Prayers from Asheville. Thank you for sharing your journey with us - we have never met but I have been keeping up with the blogs and praying for you all! Bless you!
I'm so sorry Christy. I'm happy for Ian that he's with the Lord, but I'm praying and weeping for you, Asha, and Fiona right now. You and Ian have been such a light and inspiration to me
Christy, please know that your faith and endurance through this long struggle has been an inspiration to me and also to many people you've ever met. My Bible study group has been following Ian's life for a couple of years now, and we all send you our love and prayers. Bruce and I will miss Ian.
Dearest sweeetest Christy, I am so sad for you to lose your Ian and your girls their daddy. My heart weeps for you all, my arms long to hold you in your frailty as our Jesus is. Soon I pray to see you when Jesus brings us together. Love love love, Lynn
Christy- I don't know you, but I know your story through some friends in Idaho and have been following your blog. I am so so sorry for your loss. Grateful for his gain. But praying hard for you and the girls.
I didn't know until today of Ian's passing. Which makes sense because I didn't keep in close touch with him after he and I no longer worked together. But Ian was one of those special people who touches your life and no matter how briefly he was in it he made your life a better place. I will never forget his warmth and spirit. He was such a good soul and the world is a darker place without him. I'm glad he's no longer suffering and I hope all of his family and friends have some solace in knowing there's a very special angel up there watching over them.
Sending prayers of peace and healing to you. Your faith throughout this fire is perhaps the most powerful act of God I've ever witnessed. Sending love from all the Emmerts.
ReplyDeletePrayers and hugs for you and your daughters. My heart is so sad for you, I have been reading your posts and you have really stood strong in the faith, you are a strong woman of God.
ReplyDeletePrayers for you and the girls from your friends at Elm Street. Through this all you have been an inspiration. Look forward to the day we see Ian again.
ReplyDeleteChristy, I feel it was an honor to get to know Ian in the context of his illness. His faith and open spirit were an amazing gift to me and to so many others. The way you two loved and lived in the midst of this horrific struggle show the resurrection power of God. We are all praying for you and the girls as you are thrust into a new world without Ian physically present with you. Praying for you in this time of impact grief.
ReplyDeleteTonight I have been moved to celebrate Ian's struggle of faith through all this Leukemia by Paul's words in 2 Timothy 4:6-8:
"I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing."
May we love his appearing more than this physical life, even the love and presence of our spouses and children, more than money and homes and lands, more than any form of security, power, prestige.
I am so sorry, Christy. I am so sorry for this long, hard battle and all the pain and suffering. I am so glad he is free now, and is with Jesus. And I am glad that you were able to be with him, and he could go surrounded with such love and praise.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteIan was one of those special unique psalm 139 creations of God that defied all boxes and boundaries. All who ever met and knew him were forever changed and always left with a deep sense of the wonder of God, funny stories and a new way of thinking about the world. It doesn't make sense to any of us the pain..the long pain he and you had to endure. But as you know our baseline is God is good and his ways are higher than ours though our hearts are still restless as we cannot figure out why this happened to him at such a young age. I hope the aspect of the gospel of resurrection and glorification can help you/us interpret Ian. I am always hesitant to write or say anything when someone you love dies but I am trying and all who write any words are writing out of a place of love and empathy. I am glad he is not in any more pain but sad sad he is not physically present to you any longer. You will forever have myriads of people praying for you and thinking of you because of Ian's wonderfullness
ReplyDeleteBeautifully said....
DeleteOh I'm so sorry to hear this. So many people have been holding your family up in prayer, more than you know. I'm so sorry Christy. I don't even know what to say.
ReplyDeleteI'm still praying for you and your two precious girls. I'm praying He can give you all comfort and peace that surpasses understanding. We love you.
Traci & Eco
Dear Christy, we are praying for you. May our Lord make His love and presence very real to you during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteSatya, Julie and boys
So glad Ian and you had Jesus with you through this long battle. So glad he's smiling with Jesus now!! Will be praying for you and the girls in your time of grieving. Much love and many hugs ~ Trisha and Terry
ReplyDeleteUnderneath are his everlasting arms, may our God of all comfort and peace surround you with his love in this time of grieving. No more pain and suffering Ian, eternal life... and for that we rejoice...praying for you all...much love xx
ReplyDeleteI have been following, praying, hoping and struggling. I am glad he is with the Lord, disappointed he was not healed for this place. May God bless you all with peace and rest, comfort and all that you need.
ReplyDeleteSending so much love. Praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteI knew Ian for a few years while I was living in Santa Cruz. My faith and belief, is not nearly as strong as his or those who post in this blog but I wanted to say my heartfelt condolences. My heart aches because truly Ian was an amazing man and everyone who spent even the smallest bit of time with him knew it well. Ian made this world a better place and I'm glad I know of him. Much love to you all.
ReplyDeleteMy sincerest prayers as well as selfish sorrow at Ian's passing but his pain is ended in the loving embrace of the Lord and grace of Jesus. All of my love to Christy, family and friends.
ReplyDeleteDear Christy Thank you for sharing your faith in our Lord. Your descriptions of all your time with Ian have been a source of encouragement to me. My tears show that I'm longing for you and your daughters to continue onward in true faith and my tears also show my sadness that you lost Ian's presence for this earthly life.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! Praying for the Lord's peace, comfort, and Spirit to fill you, your girls, and loved ones.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this. I knew Ian from work, and he was a great guy, compassionate and friendly. His smile lit up the room.
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with you and your kids; may God give you patience and help. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.
God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMy heart has been heavy with grief; but grateful for the context of worship and joining your family in it
ReplyDeleteWe're grieving with you. Ian was such a warm and vibrant person. Thankful to have shared in praying and hoping with you.
ReplyDeleteDearest Christy, We have been praying for you and know our Father will hold you up and help you on. May you rest for awhile, and be soothed in our Abba's love. Brian Heltsley once shared something he learned with us that has been invaluable. "When tears come, don't stop them." I think they help wash and heal our wounded souls.
ReplyDeleteMy codolences. I will continue to hold your family up in prayer as you fjord the changes. In Jesus, may you've covered by so much love and strength.
ReplyDeleteIt was a privilege to know Ian and be part of his life. He taught me so much and brought a joy to life that I will always remember. His laughter was contagious. Christy, Asha, Fiona - thank you for sharing Ian with us. You have been incredible throughout this journey. Here's to future joy and happiness and cherishing your memories of Ian. Peace to all of you.
ReplyDeleteWe grieve with you and rejoice that Ian is now whole! Praying comfort for you and your girls.
ReplyDeleteTroy & Brittany Martin
Holding you and yours in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThe path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn. Shining ever brighter until the full light of day.
ReplyDeleteIan is in the full light of the day with Jesus. So sorry for your loss, and for the family friends who mourn with you.
My condolences. Everyone who worked with Ian at Riverbed loved him - his wit, his intellect, his smile. We will miss him. Lots of love and hugs to you, Asha and Fiona. Viv Keswani.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our prayers.
ReplyDeletechristy,
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to come up with the perfect words all day but I am still coming up empty. The news of the loss of Ian is ringing like a noisy and unwelcomed gong around the world and there are so many of us who grieve to hear it. Myself included. How I ache for you and your girls as life will be so different now. May you be rallied around by those who love Ian and you. I have no doubt that you will be. May you know that there are probably thousands of people praying for you. Perhaps even this very minute. How amazing that we are all united by His name!
My cousin who struggled with sickness for a long time had a great catch phrase.."Having God doesn't make it easy, it makes it possible" Isn't that the truth? It is so assuring to know that Ian is bouncing around heaven in his fancy, glorified body, but at the same time...it isn't fair... and it hurts so deeply and we wish he was here and healthy on this earth. I don't understand the rationale of God. I don't understand at all...
But we are certain that He loves us. Oh, how He loves us!
I am so deeply sorry for this profound loss. Thank you so much for letting me come into those raw places in your heart through your words. I am a different, more reflective person from reading them. I know I am not the only one who feels that way.
I will be thinking of you often and praying for you and those sweet littles of yours. I will be praying for continued peace and for good and restful sleep.
Give yourself permission to grieve in whatever shape it comes in.
thinking of you,
claire from oregon
To the Brown Family....our deepest condolences. RIP Ian. I'll never forgot you bro.
ReplyDeleteI'm truly so sorry to hear about the new. I may not have been in contact much, but I had been praying. My prayers will continue that you and your girl keep strong and that God will be merciful. I send my heart and condolences.
ReplyDeleteDear Christy, even though I have not seen you since Moms' Club days, I have followed your updates on Ian and your family, and have kept him in my prayers. I am so very sorry to hear this news, but I am grateful that he is no longer in pain. Please know that you and the girls will continue to be in my prayers. With my sincerest condolences, Luciane
ReplyDeleteWe are so very sorry for your loss, and will continue to pray through the months to come.
ReplyDeleteTo the Brown family and their friends:
ReplyDeleteI'm truly sorry for your loss. Ian was my former colleague. I've followed him through this blog since the beginning. What a battle he fought! He was a good person -- full of life, happiness and humor.
Totally devastated.
ReplyDeleteMay the gentle hand of God be on your shoulder now, to comfort you and give you the strength and courage in the days ahead, as you mother these grieving children and nurture yourself with rest and healing. Rest in peace, Ian. I didn't know you, but your shining smile was a testament to your faith, and an inspiration to us all.
ReplyDeleteDear One, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm thankful Ian was surrounded by friends & family as he left this world to move on to his new life with Jesus. He's no longer in pain nor is he suffering, he's at peace. Praying the peace, love, and comfort of Christ be with you and the girls during this time. Please let me know if there is anything you need. Blessings, Shelby
ReplyDeleteI can't help but smile when remembering the first time I met him in 1999 when he was waiting at the Kresge bus stop for the van to High Street Community Church, wearing those AWESOME patchwork overalls and being excited to head to church on that Sunday morning. His joy and love for Jesus was infectious. I also remember that his emails always came from "Ian Brown!" and I loved that exclamation point because it conveyed his joy in life so well.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and the girls, Christy, as you adjust to this new normal of not having him with you. I'm overjoyed that he is in the presence of Jesus, whom he loved so deeply, but I'm very sad for your loss.
Prayers from Asheville. Thank you for sharing your journey with us - we have never met but I have been keeping up with the blogs and praying for you all! Bless you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Christy. I'm happy for Ian that he's with the Lord, but I'm praying and weeping for you, Asha, and Fiona right now. You and Ian have been such a light and inspiration to me
ReplyDeleteChristy, please know that your faith and endurance through this long struggle has been an inspiration to me and also to many people you've ever met. My Bible study group has been following Ian's life for a couple of years now, and we all send you our love and prayers. Bruce and I will miss Ian.
ReplyDeleteP.S. One of my fondest memories of Ian is him dancing with Asha at Scott and Sarah's wedding. :)
ReplyDeleteDearest sweeetest Christy, I am so sad for you to lose your Ian and your girls their daddy. My heart weeps for you all, my arms long to hold you in your frailty as our Jesus is. Soon I pray to see you when Jesus brings us together. Love love love, Lynn
ReplyDeleteChristy- I don't know you, but I know your story through some friends in Idaho and have been following your blog. I am so so sorry for your loss. Grateful for his gain. But praying hard for you and the girls.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know until today of Ian's passing. Which makes sense because I didn't keep in close touch with him after he and I no longer worked together. But Ian was one of those special people who touches your life and no matter how briefly he was in it he made your life a better place. I will never forget his warmth and spirit. He was such a good soul and the world is a darker place without him. I'm glad he's no longer suffering and I hope all of his family and friends have some solace in knowing there's a very special angel up there watching over them.
ReplyDelete