Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 17: Feeling the Love

It's been a long couple days, but I wanted to post an update real quick. I'm sitting at the monastery, happy to announce that it is now ready for Ian's homecoming! It has been a rocky road well watered with tears, I must admit, but around each bend there have been friends to care for me, pray for me, show me the flowers, and sometimes straight pick me up and carry me for a while. Furniture has been moved, a futon mattress with newly discovered mold was hauled away, a microwave and bagel toaster were delivered to my door along with yummy homemade chai, and a brand new futon mattress purchased for us as well as delivered and installed. Amazing! I'm still floored by how much love I've received in the past 24 hours...

And now for an update on Ian. He is feeling better! He still only holds down some of his food, but his clarity has returned and he is much more chipper. I'd even say some moments he's chatty - a far cry from a few days ago when he couldn't even answer a simple question! His counts have been going back down (which they say is common) so they have resumed the growth factor injections. He is borderline neutropenic today, but they seem confident to release him tomorrow morning. We were all set for him to come home tonight actually, but last minute they discovered the in-home training nurse wouldn't be able to come until Monday and they can't release us until the day before.

So I'm sitting here at the monastery, alone, taking a night away to rest. It is so peaceful here, especially now that all the preparations are complete. I am finally feeling ready, and I'm definitely feeling surrounded by Love.

Thank you for your prayers!

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. My heart is with you and Ian. I can't imagine how its been, but I know you have been covered by Grace. Love to you and HEALTH and HEALING to Ian.

    Corina and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this report. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is clearly with you each difficult step, asking more as more grace to you Christy and thankful you are getting a little rest as well. Prayers for your parents and girls too. Love you a lot.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian is coming home. Such a great day! I am so happy for you all. Lots of love and wishes for a very healthy and speedy recovery at Monastery. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    Sachin

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are all delighted to hear that ian and friend are set to begin their monastic retreat. my son goodwyn, having learned recently about the vital role of irish monastics in preserving the Good News, said he wished he could live there too! praying that this will be a season of complete physical healing and of deep spiritual formation as well. and if you see a car with shaded windows driving by slowly some night, that would be the boys sneaking a peek at the intriguing "monastery house". ;>

    Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christy and Ian,
    I'm praying for you too.
    love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Christy and Ian,

    My name is Candice. My husband Ryan and I are good friends with Ahshuwah and Sharon. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you all. May God continue to give you much strength and joy! Jesus loves you!

    ReplyDelete