Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 7: Mama Day


Ian is definitely neutropenic now with mouth sores, night fevers, and energy lows.  Still, his spirits are up and overall he's doing really well.  Now we wait for his blood counts to come back, which will be the first sign that his brother's stem cells have grafted successfully. I'm anxious to head back to UCSF and spend the rest of the day with him. Valentine's Day post soon to come :)


Yesterday I took the girls out for a full day outdoor adventure in Santa Cruz. We needed some fresh air and romping around in creation. It was the perfect day for this mama and her girls...a hike and a picnic in the redwood forest, then hours of play at the beach!




























4 comments:

  1. All three of you are just unbelievably beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words can express how beautiful you three (grown and growing) women are nor how much i love you!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian, I remember you twirling with freedom at Graceland dressed all Hippy. I thought, "who is this guy?" but remembering that 3 years ago I was a twirling hippy dude too. I always loved your creativity, freedom and energy. I don't understand God's ways with pain and cancer but he is Good and the fall and sin is so real. It has come to destroy. Too hear and partially see what you are going through hurts, I know it hurts you and Christy more than I. I am bad at this but try to meditate on the REsurrection of Jesus and our resurrection in him and the all things new reality of the new heavens and earth. I hope that these dreams swallow up some of the present sad reality you are experiencing.

    Ian when I think of you some of the immediate thoughts that come to mind are: Loud laughter, A quick bright mind, honesty, unique style, a different paradigm on reality, a hunger for being in the center of God's kingdom work, being with a perfect partner Christy!! a generous giver, a faithful church man, a man who used to wear speedos! Love you bro, may this be a short bump in the road.
    Joe Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is so beautiful. Keeping you in my prayers...

    Joseph Thiessen

    ReplyDelete