It's Day 9 and Ian is climbing this mountain like a champ. Not that there isn't any misery involved...he can hardly swallow and pronouncing "k's" and "l's" is now too painful to attempt. The sores in his mouth are so bad that he will probably be living on oatmeal for the next week, but he's still glowing and smiling and cheering us on as if we were the ones climbing... I love this man.
Yesterday we celebrated Valentine's Day by watching a movie together and eating Noah's chocolate chip bagels. After weeks of inquiring about bagels as an exception to the "no outside food" rule, he was finally given the OK from headquarters. Noah's chocolate chip ones are his favorite, so I was elated to find that they made special heart-shaped ones for Valentine's day! I bought two dozen to share with Ian and the hospital staff here. Nurses poked their heads in all day saying thank you for the yummy treats :)
My love and admiration for Ian continue to grow as I watch him stand glowing in the midst of this fire. His strength and tenacity, his warm heart and unshakable faith, his perpetual smile,
his intuitive understanding of things and people, his love for others...
He is solid gold.
I'm a blessed woman to be by his side.
Thank you so much for walking with us through this.
It's amazing to type these updates knowing so many of you are following along and praying for us.
The Lord is listening and answering.
He is standing with us and strengthening us in the fire.
We are so grateful!
"OBU" is Asha's spelling of "Abba" (daddy in Hebrew)



Been praying extra for you guys today and the more I think of your smiles and strength and God-glorifying attitudes, the more I feel like I am the one being encouraged and blessed. Please keep sharing the joys and the pains - we are with you!
ReplyDeleteYou BOTH glow with the love of the Lord, Christy. This is a beautiful post, testament of God's comfort and strength in you guys!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lisa and Erin...we are the ones being blessed and are privileged to walk this path with you in prayer. Much love!
ReplyDeleteDiane
so glad!
ReplyDelete