Friday, February 22, 2013

Prayers, Please!

I'm sitting at the local car wash, waiting for our car to be professionally scrubbed inside and out. As I was about to load bed linens into our car this morning, I noticed all the sand and dust and ancient cracker crumbs that inevitably multiply in a family vehicle. All my alarms sounded. Alert!!! Yet another door for micro-organisms to invade!!!

This is a window into my life the past few days. Step by step, trying to get things in place and take action when the alarm sounds. I wish I had a few more weeks to prepare, but I have to trust the divine alarm system is guiding me and will cover any loose ends I miss. I have to trust. I have to, though sometimes it's hard...

Ian is still pretty miserable. He isn't eating. He isn't holding down the little bits he does eat. It is scary for me, because he was flying through this until his counts came up. They are still considering releasing him tonight, but we are hesitant about it. He is really not in a good place right now. They say it could be GVHD. They don't know. God knows. I have to trust. One day at a time.

I'm frazzled. I'm still wearing the same cloths as yesterday. My parents are over 70. My dad rarely feels well, with mystery fevers and burning skin. My mom is tiny, and she's losing an average of half a pound each day. It's a lot of activity chasing these girls. I'm worried about them. I'm also very busy trying to get the Monastery ready. There's a lot on our plate right now.

We could all use A LOT of prayers...

Thank you :)




2 comments:

  1. Christy, I am praying and so are people at my church. I wish I lived closer to you so I could come by and help out with stuff.

    ReplyDelete