Well, the fairly smooth waters just hit a rough patch. As I was driving home, Ian called and said he had a fever over 101 and so they are assuming there is an infection somewhere. They immediately began more preventative antibiotics, took samples to test for infection in his blood and will also do a chest X-ray to look for infection in his lungs. Soon the fever climbed to 102.3 - my heart continued to sink to the floor. The blood test results won't be back for another couple days. I have to trust and not imagine the worst. I've got to keep those thoughts and feelings in check. Take it one moment at a time.
I was about to turn around and go back to UCSF when my mom called and said Fiona was crying and crying in pain for a long time and they couldn't calm her down. It was almost an hour and a half past her bedtime. This sounded strange and concerning, so I rushed home to find they had managed to get her to sleep. She just woke up around 12:30am screaming in pain again and I eventually was able to nurse her back to sleep, but will need to get her checked out ASAP - possibly at the ER if this continues. And a trip to the ER may disqualify me from visiting Ian for a while...
So here I am at 1am, sharing with you in the middle of the storm, asking for prayer. Prayer for Ian's fever and whatever is causing it, prayer for our little Fiona, and prayer for me as I juggle all of this. I'll update as soon as I have more news, but if you could lift us up right now I would really appreciate it!
Thank you...
Update 1.1
Fiona slept well and when she woke up at 5:30 she smiled, giggled and pounced on me. I'll take that as a good sign and answer to prayer :)
Update 1.2
Ian called this morning and his fever broke in the night, so doesn't look like an infection! Another answered prayer!
Praying...
ReplyDeletePraying, dear ones.
ReplyDeleteVery scary evening, for sure. Glad this morning is looking up.
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us so up-to-date. Praying for you through the twists and turns in the journey!
ReplyDelete